When you want to feel like you’re on holiday, but can’t travel yet, we thought we’d help you bring a slice of it home with this easy to follow, easy to do savoury Mediterranean muffin recipe.
While Jess was working away I got a huge urge to do some baking, and at the same time really was thinking a lot about how much I miss travelling, and in particular places like Greece, Italy and Spain…so I impulse baked some Mediterranean inspired muffins! Here is the super simple, super delicious recipe.
To make 10-12 Mediterranean muffins you will need:
150g plain flour
2.5 teaspoons of baking powder
70ml olive oil
150ml milk (or dairy free alternative)
3 medium eggs
Season to taste (I used salt, black pepper, paprika, and dried oregano)
Then add whatever you fancy – for our Mediterranean muffins I went for:
60g sundried tomatoes chopped
50g black olives chopped
100g feta crumbled
A handful of fresh basil chopped
Then sprinkled some Parmesan on top before baking.
It’s pretty failsafe, the method for the Mediterranean muffins is as follows:
Preheat the oven to 180°c(160°c fan)
1. Whisk together oil, milk, and eggs.
2. Whilst still whisking sieve in the flour, baking powder, and seasoning, continue until smooth.
3. Fold in chopped sundried tomatoes, chopped black olives, feta, and basil.
4. Carefully pour the mixture into lightly greased(I used butter but olive oil is fine!) muffin cups or tray.
5. Place in the oven for 30 mins, checking the rise and colour while you wait.
6. Once they’re ready, take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins.
They were absolutely delicious and a great accompaniment to our afternoon of doing a jigsaw, watching Below Deck and hanging out! Perfect! For more recipes, check out our “recipes” tab in the Life option!
Like this? Follow on Bloglovin to get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! https://www.bloglovin.com/@fourthousandweeks